Adapted from Joyous Health's Key Lime Pie Popsicles
We've made iced tea and granita to cool down this summer but it's never enough is it? Another great way to beat the heat are popsicles! However, so many are filled with refined sugar and chemicals for colouring. Homemade popsicles are easy to make and fun to taste. Here's a nutritious and tea filled recipe for you to try :)
Avocado Tea Popsicles
- Juice of 1 lime
- One whole avocado
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup green tea of your choice (I used a coconut based one to follow Joyous Health's original recipe - Hawa-Ya-Doin' from Steeped Tea Inc.)
- Gently heat a kettle of water and steep 1 cup of your green tea for three minutes.
- Strain the tea leaves and stir honey directly into the one hot cup. Set it aside in the fridge to cool.
- Place the lime juice and avocado into a small food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- After your green tea has cooled, add it to the blender and allow it to mix well.
- Pour ingredients into popsicle molds. Depending on the size of popsicle molds you have this amount can make 2-4 popsicles.
- Try your hardest to wait for the delicious avocado tea popsicles to freeze overnight.
- Cool yourself down & enjoy!